Posted by Tyler Scarlet on 4:47 PM

Here are some oil paintings that i did at Cliff's Saturday drawing clinic. I have been finding it really fun to do these quick paintings that range from 2o mins to 45 mins long. I am getting faster and getting to explore different styles. These were all done on foam core boards which are really great to paint on and cuts the drying time too. I did some today too but they are still a little wet and I don't feel like wiping oil paint all over my scanner. There is going to be one more drawing clinic on the 6th if you guys want to try it out.


















































Also i was talking to Scott and he had the awesome idea of us all getting together and painting some landscapes or doing some figure painting. Also to go along with that Charles said that his friends that model for him could model for us, all we would have to do is just buy them lunch or something. Anyways tell me what you guys think! If you guys want to do it we could figure out a day that works best for all of us and go and try it out. I think it would be fun.

Tyler

2 comments:

Matthew Byle said...

I like these, the second one is especially nice it reminds of of a Jenny Saville painting. Just keep an eye on hard and soft edges, really makes a difference.
I've been wanting to get to one of those clinics I just always seem to forget when the weekend comes up...

Tyler Scarlet said...

Thanks man! yeah I will have to work on that a lil more. You should go to them they are fun! :D

Post a Comment